Recently I decided to take a stab at making my own baby wipes. I looked at a ton of tutorials online and decided to just give it a try. I love it. They smell so good, I know the ingredients, and they are so simple. The hardest part is making sure you have a new set ready when the ones you are using are getting low. I try to keep a back up pack of store bought wipes for just in case.
Here's what you need:
- papertowels (I have found Viva work the best)
- sharp knife
- coconut oil
- baby shampoo
- plastic container
Here is what to do:
1. Using a sharp knife, cut your paper towels. Depending on the size of your plastic container you can cut the roll in half or in thirds. I cut mine in thirds.
2. Bring a cup of water to a boil. I just use a small sauce pan on the stove.
3. Once it boils, remove from heat and pour in one tablespoon of the oil and the shampoo. Mix them together.
4. Pour the water into the plastic container.
5. Add in your paper towels.
6. Put on the lid and then flip over and let sit for one hour.
7. After an hour, flip it back over. Take out the center cardboard tube, and your good to go!
You should definitely give it a try. It is simple and doesn't take much time. It is also really cost effective. Happy Thursday! xo, Britt