Well if you didn't already know, today is National Popcorn Day! In honor of this awesome holiday we have came up with another popcorn ball recipe. In November, we posted about our yummy S'more Popcorn Balls. If you tried them you know how good they were. And if you didn't you are missing out! But you can make up for it by trying today's recipe, salted caramel pretzel popcorn balls. YUP, you read that correctly, salted caramel pretzel popcorn balls! Sounds delicious right? Well enough of that lets get started with what really matters, how you can make these things!
- 7-8 cups of popped popcorn
- 2/3 cup caramel bits
- 5 oz mini marshmallows (half a bag)
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 1/2 cup of pretzels
- sea salt
Now lets get started:
- Heat your butter into a medium sauce pan, on low heat, until melted.
- While your butter is melting, break your pretzels into small pieces.
- Once your butter has melted, add in all your marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows have all melted.
- Then add in your caramel bits and stir until every thing is melted together.
- Once everything is melted together, place your popcorn into a large bowl. (Or separate into a few smaller ones)
- Pour your caramel-marshmallow mixture over the popcorn. Stir until all popcorn is coated well.
- Add in your pretzels pieces and mix well.
- Next lay out a piece wax paper. With your hands, form your popcorn mixture into balls. (Spraying your hands with non-stick pan spray will help the mixture not stick to your hands.)
- Lay your popcorn balls out on your wax paper, sprinkle your sea salt on top, and let them cool for thirty minutes to an hour.
- Once they have hardened, enjoy!
These turned out awesome and we reccomend you try them. You can make them for your next party or just for yourself, we don't judge! :)
Britt + Sky