We made a fall Garland (here), but we really wanted to make a special Garland to hang just for Thanksgiving.
Sometimes as the holidays are approaching and all of our weekends are being booked up and we are buying Christmas presents for everyone, it's hard to always remember to just be thankful. We wanted something that we could see daily that would be a constant reminder to be thankful.
Here's what you need:
- printable (here)
- paper (We used maroon card stock. You can use whatever you'd like)
- washi tape
- string (We used twine)
Here's what we did:
1. First we printed out all of our letters we needed and a few super cute acorns.
2. We cut out all of the letters/acorns and laid them out side-by-side in order.
3. We randomly selected which letters/acorns to put on washi tape, glitter, or to leave blank.
4. While adding the glitter, we used Elmer's glue and a small paintbrush to spread the glue evenly.
5. For the washi tape, we placed it on the letter/acorn where we wanted it and then trimmed off the excess with scissors.
6. Next we cut our string based on the place we wanted to hang it. Then hung it on the wall using washi tape.
5. Once all of our pieces were finished and the glue had dried, we started hanging them up. We just used our paper clips to hook them to our twine. It's easier to hang them evenly if you start by placing the center of your word on the center of the string and them moving outward.
And that's it! You have a super simple and super cute hanging reminder to be thankful this season.
Have a great Wednesday!
Britt + Sky