For our first Thanksgiving diy we have these adorable painted acorns. They are fun decorations for any home.
All you need to get started is:
-Paint (Colors of your choice)
1. Take all the "lids" off of your acorns.
2. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees and bake your acorns for 15-20 minutes. This helps make sure that any bugs inside won't come out later.
3. Seperate your acorns out into groups of which color you want them to be. (We had six groups for our six colors)
4. Paint the acorns, it will take 2-3 coats.
5. After the paint has dried, apply a clear sealer coat. (Optional)
6.Let acorns sit for awhile and dry completely.
7.Once acorns are dry, hot glue their "lids" back on.
8. That's it! You now have adorable little acorns to decorate your home.
You can use these acorns in many different ways in your home. Come back Thursday to see how we used ours!
Happy Tuesday Y'all,
Britt + Sky