While carving your pumpkins be sure to save the seeds so you can bake them. As you know we got a ton of pumpkins last week at the pumpkin patch! We thought that it would be a waste if we didn't use at least some of our seeds while we were carving. You can make many different flavors, but today we have four we love to munch on! They are brown sugar, ranch, cayenne, and salted seeds.
- 4 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp. ranch seasoning
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp. cyan pepper
- 8 tsp. vegetable oil (2 tbsp. for each batch)
1. After you have gotten the seeds out of your pumpkin guts, rinse them off in a colander.
2. Lay the seeds out on a towel and pat dry them. Then leave them to air dry for about half an hour.
3. Divide your pumpkin seeds into four bowls. (1 cup in each bowl)
4. In your first bowl add in 2 tsp. vegetable oil. And stir until seeds seem completely covered.
5. Stir in 1 tbsp. of ranch seasoning evenly.
6. Spread out the ranch covered seeds evenly on a flat baking sheet.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 32 minutes.
8. Let them cool for about 5 minutes. Then take them off the tray and place them in a bowl and enjoy!
9. Repeat this process for the other three seasonings, but instead of adding 1 tbsp. of ranch seasoning, replace it with the brown sugar, salt, or 1/2 tsp. cyan pepper.
These seeds are so yummy and would be great for a Halloween party or even just an everyday Fall snack! We hope you enjoy!
Britt + Sky