Little pom poms can add so much personality to whatever you want to add them to. Plus they are so simple to make. Here's what you need:
- A flat object that has a width of the size of pom pom you want to make. We used a paint stick because we wanted our pom poms to be relatively small.
- A partner (optional; we just found that its a little easier to have someone tie your yarn for you on certain parts)
1. You will need one large piece of yarn and then a smaller piece to tie with. If you aren't sure how big you want your pom pom to be, don't cut your large piece of string, just pull it from your ball of yarn.
2. Wrap the yarn around your object. We wrapped ours around the paint stick 25 times.
3. Next, carefully remove the wrapped yarn from the object and lay it on your small piece you already cut. Make sure that the piece is in the center.
4. Here is where a partner comes in handy. Double knot the small piece of yarn. Make sure you get it really tight or your pom pom will fall apart.
5. Cut all of the loops on one side.
6. Do the same to the other side.