We have a fun, easy way to make a dream catcher for your home. It's easily customizable, so it can look perfect in your room of choice.
Here's what you will need:
- embroidery hoop
- hot glue gun
1. Cut a strip of lace that is long enough to fit across the diameter of your embroidery hoop. (We cut ours along the design of our lace.)
2. Stretch out the cut piece of lace across the inside piece of the embroidery hoop, and glue it on each edge to hold it in place.
3. Cut off any excess lace.
4. Use your thread to tie any loose lace edges to the hoop where needed. (Not all will need it, depending on how you cut your lace)
5. Set your embroidery hoop aside. Cut your cord into five pieces. You will want them to be different lengths (the outer two being the shortest and the middle being the longest). You will have to choose the lengths depending on the size of your embroidery hoop.
6. Tie one feather onto the end of each of your pieces of cord.
7. Add 2-3 beads to each piece of cord.
8. Next, put the outer piece of your embroidery hoop on and tighten it. Then tie the end of the cord, opposite of your feathers, to the bottom of your embroidery hoop.
That's all! Now, all you have to do is find a place to hang it. We are super excited about how this turned out. We have seen many dream catchers on Pinterest and different blogs, but we wanted to make ours different from the rest. After a handful of trial and errors, we finally reached a look that we thought was pretty awesome, not that we are biased or anything.
Britt + Sky