Baking cakes is pretty much our specialty :) We've been doing it, just for fun and for family birthdays, for quite some time now. When we got this awesome cake stand and dome from our grandma we were super pumped. We loved the simple design of the stand but we thought that it needed a little something to make it look really good sitting out on the counter or for use at a party.
Here's what you need:
- cake stand with dome
- masking tape
- x-acto knife
- printed letters (or you can hand draw them)
- glass paint
- cutting board (helpful but optional)
Here's what we did:
- We printed out the word "YUM" on a piece of card stock.
- Next, on our cutting board, we overlapped several pieces of masking tape, large enough to fit our letters.
- We traced our letters on the masking tape and then using the x-acto knife we carefully cut out them out.
- Then peeled the masking tape up from the cutting board and placed it on the dome where we wanted it.
- Using the glass paint and paintbrush, we put several layers of the color on. (We accidentally got a transparent paint, but after putting on several layers and making the paint have a texture from our brush, we really like the results.)
Happy Friday y'all! :)
Britt & Sky