We are SOOO excited for Halloween! And of course we want to celebrate all day tomorrow. :) So since Noah probably won't be okay with wearing his costume the whole day, we decided to make him a cute candy corn onesie. It's a pretty simple project that you can make on any shirt for your kiddos.
Here's what you'll need to get started:
- 2 erasers
- white onesie (or shirt)
- yellow fabric paint
- orange fabric paint
- carving tool
Here's what you do:
1. Draw your candy corn on one of the erasers with your pencil. (Make it a thick layer of pencil)
2. Then press the two erasers together (the one you drew on and the blank one) to stamp the candy corn drawing onto the new one.
3. The second candy corn will be faint, so trace over it to make it dark like your first one.
4. For the outline and bottom of the candy corn, cut out all around the outside of the candy corn and the two top sections of one eraser. On the second eraser, cut out all but the middle section of the candy corn.(See picture below)
5. Take the outlined candy corn stamp and dip it is yellow paint.(Or orange and use yellow for the next step) Use the stamp to create a little candy corn outline.
6. Then take your other stamp (with the middle section) and dip it in the orange paint. Line the stamp up as close as you can and stamp it.
7. Repeat steps 4 & 5 all over the onesie. (Make it to your liking)
That's it! You now have a fun shirt your little one can wear during the day on Halloween. We can't wait to let Noah wear his! Of course we will post pictures and you should too. :)
Britt & sky