After hanging my St. Patrick's day decoration on my bedroom door, I decided I liked having my door decorated. It's fun to change it throughout different holidays and seasons. And it just makes my boring, white door more fun! So today I have my spring door decor to share with you. It's super cute, not too hard to make, and adds a little brightness to my day. :)
Here is everything you will need to get started:
- die cut letter
- chevron white and grey fabric
- hot glue gun
- three colors of paint (brighter colors are best)
- washi tape
- scrap piece of paper
1. Measure out and draw an isosceles triangle (that will fit your letters in it) on your scrap piece of paper. Cut out your triangle.
2. Trace nine triangles, using your paper triangle, onto your fabric. Then cut them all out.
3. Using your die cut letters, trace your saying ("YAY SPRING") onto your fabric triangles. (One letter per triangle)
4. Choose what letters you will paint which colors, and then begin painting them. Let them dry for at least an hour to ensure you will not mess them up.
5. Flip your triangles over and place them in order. But remember it will be backwards since they are flipped over. Next place a thin line of hot glue on the top of your first triangle.
6. Place the string under the glue line.
7. Then flip your triangle over the string causing the top of the triangle to glue its self to the string and rest of the triangle.
8. Cut off any extra fabric that shows through from the piece you glued down.
9. Next leave a space about 1"-2" and then place your next triangle.
10.Repeat steps 6-9 until all your triangles have been placed. (I put "YAY" on one string and "SPRING" on a separate one, but if you have enough room they can be strung together)
11. Now take your string and tape it to your door, or wherever you choose to place it, with your washi tape.
That's all you have to do. It's cute, it's pretty simple, and it brightens my day! There really isn't a reason for you not to try this. Because I guarantee you will looooove it. :) xo, Sky