Boxed cake mixes are usually the easier route to go, but homemade cakes are always better. I know time is usually a major factor when making a cake. And I know a lot of you probably don't have a lot of extra time. So today I have a yummy cake recipe that won't take much of your time! I have been using this recipe for awhile and LOVE it. It's simple, has few ingredients, and is a hit with everyone.
White Cupcake Mix
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream your sugar and butter together.
- Beat in the eggs into the sugar and butter, one at a time.
- Then add in your vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Add this dry mix to the other bowl and mix.
- Add in the milk and mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, fill about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool at least 10 minutes before adding the icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 12 oz cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1 lb sifted confectioners sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until fluffy.
- Add sugar in, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add in the vanilla and mix until smooth.
These cupcakes are super yummy and as you can see they take no time at all. So next time you need to hurry and make a cake, don't buy a boxed mix. Try this out! xo Britt