We've seen cute birthday boards on Pinterest that you can buy on Etsy and decided to try and make one ourselves. It was easy, cheap, and simple to personalize for anyone's home. Altogether our birthday board cost under $10 to make! Here's what you will need to get started:
- Old cereal boxes
- String or twine
- Paint (2 coordinating colors)
- Wooden Plaque
- Washi Tape
- Hole Punch
1. Cut out your cereal boxes 8.5" x 11".
2.Create 12 squares on your computer(one for each month) with all your families birthday in the correct month and print on the back side of your cut out cereal boxes.
3. Cut out the squares and tape the back side (with the cereal box print on it) with washi tape of your choice.
4. Figure out where you want your hole for your string, measure out and draw a dot on each card in the same spot. Then make your hole with your hole punch.
5. Cut out 12 pieces of string, string them through, and tie a knot.
1. Paint the wooden plaque color of your choice!
2. On a sheet of paper sketch out a birthday cake.
3. Cut out the cake to create a stencil. Tape the stencil at the top of your wooden plaque after the paint has dried. Then carefully paint the cake with your second color of choice.
4. Take the knob (we actually used a door stopper) and screw it in a few centimeters under the cake you painted. This knob will be were you hang your birthdate cards.
To display your birthdate board you can do a few different things. We used a stand to display ours or you can adapt it to hang on the wall. You could even sit it on a shelf. Depending on where the board will be displayed will help decide how you should display yours!
A birthday board is a great gift idea for almost anyone! This project can be adapted in so many ways; different colors, different shaped boards, different styled cards, or different fun knobs! Super simple, very cute, and a perfect present! Really there isn't a reason to not try and make this! Grandparents would love this with all their kids and grandkids birthdays on it to display it in their home. Or you could make it for a special teacher and include all the students birthdays. There are so many possibilities! So you should give it a try and create this for someone special.
Britt & Sky